Day 61 (18th June 2012) of Each Way Profits. 2 bets: 2 losses.
Return on day -6.0 pts
Starting bank 200 pts
Current bank 175.8 pts
Running P/L -24.2 pts0 comments
horse racing betting gambling
From the category archives:
June 18, 2012
Day 61 (18th June 2012) of Each Way Profits. 2 bets: 2 losses.
Return on day -6.0 pts
Starting bank 200 pts
Current bank 175.8 pts
Running P/L -24.2 pts0 comments
May 28, 2012
Just got this from Guy:
“I am absolutely shattered- having left London at 12.35am – getting into Brighton this morning at 5.30am after 4hrs 22 minutes in the saddle with about 40 minutes of refuelling stops burning approx. 2,677 calories in the process. My legs are like jelly and having had 2 hrs of broken sleep – visually I resemble the ‘living dead’!
That said, it was a fantastic challenge and one I would definitely repeat, given the chance.
The attendance was incredible given that it is the first London to Brighton BHF event to be held, with about 5,000 people riding for the cause.
Based on the riders’ sponsorship targets – the BHF estimate at this stage that we have managed to raise in excess of £415,000 for the charity. So, I would like to thank all those that sponsored me via the Cashmaster link and give yourselves a pat on the back – for helping me to be able to make my contribution to this significant sum of money.
Once again, thank you all for your valued support.
I’d also like to thank all those that supported Guy on his ride. I’ve just checked and his target of £500 has been beaten, and now currently stands at £625. Well done everyone!
If anyone fancies making a donation, you can do so here:0 comments
May 25, 2012
Just a quick post to let you know that our resident blogger and system tester Guy Thomas is doing a London to Brighton charity bike ride tomorrow night, starting at midnight!
He is raising money for the British Heart Foundation and hopes to raise £500. He only needs £45 more to hit this target.
If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, or even if you’re new, and you’ve found the content interesting, entertaining or in any way useful, then can I ask you to please support Guy in his quest to help other people (as he does on this blog for free).
Even if you can only spare a quid, there are 2000 of you on average that read this blog each day so please… have a heart and give a little.
50p even… every little helps.
You can donate here:
May 25, 2012
Trade Vantage (interim review after only 4 weeks)
As I understand the doors will be open for sales soon I need to take an interim view of this product.
TradeVantage is a piece of software that utilises the power of “Neural Networks” to analyse ForEx markets and generate signals on daily charts.
I have several issues:
These issues apart it is easy to operate the software and follow the signals and to place the trades.
We are nearly 400 pips down at the moment. This does not worry me unduly as we are at the start of the monitoring period. Where as 400 pips down 2 months from now would be an issue. For the same reason, too early in the review, I can’t as yet, provide a rating for this product. However, I hope the above is of some use should you be considering purchasing this product.
One last comment; it was brought to my attention that the signals may be replicated using a simple two moving-average crossover. I have applied these moving averages to my Alpari charts and the evidence I have does not support this theory. However, this is using a UK data feed which is almost certainly not the data feed the product is using, and this theory originated from an Australian-based blog. I don’t know, and I won’t be investigating, whether this makes any difference what so ever.0 comments
May 24, 2012
I’ve just got off the phone with Paul and he’s asked me to pass on this message.
Basically what has happened is they have been inundated with e-mails and phone calls and, despite sitting up until 2am responding last night, they have barely made a dent.
They were not expecting quite such a response (I did warn them!) so Paul has asked me to let you know that if you have e-mailed them and not got a response yet, please be patient. They will respond as soon as they are able to. Much of their time is being taken up with the one on one phone calls, and when I spoke to Glynn earlier today he said that he hadn’t even managed to get any lunch as he was on calls all day.
So don’t panic. There is actually enough P.I.E. to go around for anyone that wants it, you may just have to wait a little while for it though.
If you’ve just joined my mailing list and are wondering what all the fuss is about, have a look here:0 comments
May 23, 2012
Last week I told you about my meeting with Glynn and Paul in Sheffield where they showed me a method of making money from the markets without risking your funds and without worrying which way the markets were moving.
Quite simply, this is the best thing I’ve ever seen, and what I would call a ‘proper’ investment income.
I’ve had a lot of questions and comments and I’ll address those below but for now, let me drill into it in a little more detail.
First, let’s compare the most popular investment choices:
- PUT IT IN THE BANK… and get a steady but derisory 3%. That’s nice and safe but unfortunately your standard of living will be going down because essential bills such as energy are going up 10%-15% and inflation is generally going up 4%-5%. The harsh reality is that this option is untenable. It makes no sense to continue getting 3% PER YEAR whilst your bills are going up more than that. A reduction in your standard of living or a requirement for other means of income is inevitable.
- INVEST WITH TRADITIONAL INSTITUTIONS. Many of us have discovered that although we are programmed to believe that giving our money over to these types of “experts” is the sensible thing to do, the realisation is dawning that actually they are just gambling with our money. They have teams of experts and banks of computer models to help them form considered and calculated opinions, but at the end of the day they are taking a view on the market/a stock and HOPING they are right and as we have we have seen many, many times, no one can know what will happen tomorrow or even today. In 2010 Paul’s personal choice of expert fund kindly turned £20,000 of his money into £17,000 in one year and charged him a fee for doing it. Even if you do like he did and pick a top performing fund at the time, there is no guarantee that they will continue to generate profit. According to research by the Vanguard group, picking a consistently top performing fund is difficult because funds at the top of the tables don’t often stay there. In fact the UK equity funds that were ranked in the top 20% from 2002 to 2006 were almost as likely to end up in the bottom 20% over the next 5 year period!
- ANNUITY. Nice and safe but that is reflected in the relatively low rates available.
- BUY-TO-LET PROPERTY. This has been the choice investment for years. However, times have changed. Capital growth is negligible, if at all, and will be for a long time. Property values soared due to loose lending policies which proved disastrous to the banks. Tighter lending regulations and wary banks mean we are not likely to see a return to “easy” money any time soon. If people can’t borrow, people can’t buy and the whole property ladder stagnates as we are seeing. The rental market is buoyant but typical returns are only 6% p.a gross. With asset growth likely to be low for years, the potential of aggravation from tenants, late/non payments and having to maintain the property, it’s clear that property is now a poor investment… and of course it is very, very difficult to quickly get your money out.
So what’s the alternative?
Ideally we want an investment vehicle that:
- Never puts our capital at risk
- Makes money whether the markets go up or down (or sideways!)
- Allows us immediate access to our funds
The Intelligent Investment Strategy was developed and refined by Glynn to do just that. He is more than happy to show genuinely interested parties his trading statements to prove his consistent profits and, whilst he’s not promising overnight riches, he’s currently, and safely, achieving an average return on capital of 2.4% per month which equates to around 31% per year.
This is simply incredible.
Despite the most volatile and unpredictable market conditions for many years where trillions have been wiped off company/pension values and many professional investment funds have lost fortunes for their clients, this strategy made a profit every month.
And those profits can be withdrawn, or rolled over for capital growth, or both. You are always in full control of your money. The long term capital growth potential of this method is simply staggering and I have already mentioned one of Glynns students who is now making a considerable monthly income whilst growing his capital at the same time.
Also, the amount of time required to operate this method can be as little as ten minutes a month.
Now can you understand why I see method this as my personal pension plan?
So what are they offering exactly?
Glynn and Paul are offering to teach their method to suitable candidates in a one day master class in which there will be only 4-5 students to ensure each student gets the necessary attention.
I’ve already told you about Glynn and Pauls experience and qualifications. One thing I didn’t mention was that Glynn also has a Certificate of Education from Sheffield Hallam University… he’s trained and qualified to teach adults.
Unfortunately though, not everyone will be eligible for this training.
Before you can even register you will be required to speak to Glynn or Paul personally by telephone.
This is for two reasons. Firstly, it will give you an opportunity to get any and all questions you may have answered there and then. Secondly, it will allow Glynn or Paul the opportunity to determine whether or not the training would be right for you. They are not interested in training anyone that they feel may not be able to use what they’ve learned, or would struggle to understand how to do it. They want each student to complete the course with a full understanding of how to work the method.
Of course, it comes with full back up support after the training, and you’ll find that once you’ve learned the basic method, there are advanced strategies for those interested in being more pro-active with the method (and of course making more money from it!).
Here are some of the frequently asked questions I’ve had:
Q) If this is so good, why does he need to sell it?
A) He doesn’t. In fact it wasn’t even his idea to sell it. Glynn is semi retired and spends a lot of time playing golf. Operating the method takes up little of his time so when he was asked if he would be interested in teaching others his method, for a fee of course, it seemed like a good idea. Not only is he helping others achieve financial freedom, he’ll be rewarded for doing so. Keeps him off the golf course for a bit too!
Q) Is there really no risk to your capital?
A) Your capital is only used to enable the transactions to take place, and the way the method works it’s never put at risk.
Q) Is it tax free?
A) This is not spread betting or gambling or anything to do with Betfair. This is trading real financial instruments through a real FSA Regulated broker. Depending on where you reside there are usually tax liabilities on income. I’m looking into whether this can be used as a SIPP.
Q) Is this Forex?
A) This is nothing to do with Forex or signal services. You will be shown a method of trading whereby you make money whichever way the market moves, or even if the market doesn’t move at all. Once you’ve learned the method you’ll have that skill for life. There will be no need to ever subscribe to signal services, or take a gamble on which way the markets are going to move. There will be no need to accept losses as an inevitable consequence of trading either. You will have the ability to control your own financial destiny and you’ll never need to rely on fund managers to tell you where to invest for the future. In short, you will be taking control of your own financial future and once you’ve understood how this works, you’ll wish you had known about this a decade ago!
Q) How much will this cost?
A) The training will cost a one-off fee of £3000, however, there will be a substantial discount for the candidates in the first two master classes as Glynn and Paul would like to get some video testimonials from candidates that have already completed the course.
Q) Where will be master classes be held?
A) The first two will be in Glynns home town in Sheffield. After that, he will look into hosting them at hotels in the major cities.
Q) How do I find out more?
A) If this is something that might interest you then the next step would be to speak to Paul or Glynn personally.
All you need to do is e-mail Paul for their telephone numbers and website details. There are absolutely no obligations to get involved and all you’ll need to do is have an informal chat to get your questions answered and to make sure this is something that would be suitable for you.
I will personally be attending one of the master classes and will be happy to show my own trading statements.
To contact Paul, simple send him an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I know this is going to be a life changing event for many of you.7 comments
May 18, 2012
A couple of days ago I told you about a man called Glynn who claimed that he had found a way to make regular, consistent profits month in, month out without ever risking a penny of his funds.
He invited me up to his home in Sheffield so that he could prove to me that his claims were true.
After initially speaking with him on the phone, it was immediately clear that this man knew his stuff.
It turns out that he’s is a qualified financial advisor who has lectured on investments and financial markets.
He has well over 30 years experience of financial markets and throughout that time he has traded Unit trusts, Investment trusts, stocks & shares, Options, Futures, FOREX, CFD’s and ETF’s. He was personally mentored by a private fund manager who specialised in the American financial futures market and for a while he operated exclusively in that field.
Now he mostly plays golf.
So I went up to Sheffield and met him and his business partner Paul. After the exchange of pleasantries and cups of tea, we got down to business and the very first thing Glynn did was produce a stack of trading statements, all showing his exact trades and, importantly, profits.
Of course this was impressive but that was just the beginning. He then asked me to sign a non-disclosure agreement because, understandably, he wanted to protect himself. The NDA must have been about ten pages long and basically meant that if I breathed a word of what I was about to learn, I would be stuffed.
Fine with me, I signed it.
Nothing could have prepared me for what I learned that day. To say I was blown away is the understatement of the year.
You see the fundamental problem with most methods of trading and investing is that the investor/trader must be correct in his market view. The market must move in your favour in order to profit and, as we all know, markets can be extremely volatile and unpredictable.
Any investors success or otherwise is therefore at the mercy of factors totally outside his or her control.
Glynn wanted to find a way past the unpredictability of market movement so decided to concentrate on developing a strategy that produced a profit REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE MARKET MOVED UP OR DOWN. After many false starts and much refining, by early 2010 he thought he had cracked it.
By mid 2010 HE KNEW HE HAD.
Well, Glynn taught me his strategy that day and on my way home that evening it dawned on me that I now had an answer to a question that I get asked almost every day…. If all else failed and I had to choose just ONE method to make my living, what would it be?
It would be this one!
So what exactly is it?
Well for a start, this strategy DOES NOT:-
- Invest directly in shares. Buying shares is a gamble because you are at the mercy of factors outside your control. No matter how well informed or how well researched your investment may be, anything can and will happen. You need your chosen share price to move up and of course, as all the advertisements tell you, the price can also go down! Unless you are lucky, very knowledgeable, or have inside information you are simply relying upon fate to determine whether your investment makes a profit or a loss.
- Involve Forex
- Buy anything and HOPE you are right. No hoping that that mining company strikes gold or oil. No hoping that the pharmaceutical company gets a license for its latest wonder drug. No hoping the pound moves against the dollar etc.
- Get involved with complex formulas that are difficult to understand and often don’t work.
- Rely on any wishful thinking.
- Require interpretation of any market signals/indicators
So none of that is involved, instead…
- It is very simple to do and takes just minutes per month to operate leaving you free to enjoy your life.
- It can be used to generate income, capital growth or both.
- It is totally flexible so you can operate it to suit your own personal needs.
- It can be actively managed for greater profits or simply actioned once a month and monitored.
- It generates consistent profit. It’s never had a month which failed to produce a profit despite the most volatile market conditions.
- Results are consistent because of a known factor that repeats itself month after month. There’s no hoping or guessing whatsoever.
- It makes money regardless of how the markets perform. It doesn’t matter whether markets go up or down!
- You are in control of your money at all times.
- You don’t give your money to anyone. You run your own account.
- You can try it in practice mode for as long as you wish before investing your actual capital.
Sounds good? It is good. Very good.
Last month one of Gylnns students made £11,000 with this. He withdrew £4000 and left the rest in so that next month he can make even more.
But that’s not the half of it.
Next week I’m going to drill down into the actual profits this method produces. Profits made without ever putting capital at risk, without worrying which way the market is going to move, and without spending hours staring at charts or indicators.
You’re going to see why I KNOW this is my personal pension plan and why I’m never going to have to worry about my financial future, even when I fully retire. This is something that has changed my life, the lives of Glynn and his family and friends, and could potentially change your life too.
Keep an eye on your inbox early next week.
May 18, 2012
Week 3: -594.2 pips for £ -5942.00
Overall: -630.3 pips for £ -6303.00
13 trades still open.
The two highlighted trades were full stop losses.
I am using the Alpari spread betting metatrader opening price on the hourly chart at 8am to determine closing prices. Your results may (will) differ from mine as you will get better or worse prices than mine.
I am spread betting so allowance for spread has been made in the pip totals.0 comments
May 15, 2012
Earlier this year I was contacted by a man called Glynn who told me he had developed a system that makes almost limitless amounts of money, entirely risk free.
Obviously I immediately assumed this was yet another of the endless stream of hyped up systems that pass over my desk on a daily basis.
I didn’t give it a second thought until he invited me to meet him, in person, so that he could show me his trading statements to prove what he said was true. He repeated that all his money is made without ever losing and without ever putting his funds at risk.
And he’d made a LOT of money.
I have to admit this intrigued me and so I decided to give him a call.
After chatting with him for twenty minutes on the phone, I booked my ticket and the next day I found myself in sunny Sheffield.
What happened next changed my life.
Over the next few days I’m going to share with you exactly what happened.
I already know how to make money from betting, and I’ve been moderately successful with trading over the years although like everyone else, I’ve had to accept losses as part of the business.
Well, not anymore.
You really don’t want to miss this.0 comments